- Thank the person who nominated you. – Thanks again Steve (
- Share a post each day for three consecutive days (3 quotes total)
- Explain why you like the quote
- Nominate three bloggers to play along
Today’s quote comes from my Grandfather Mellen Barnes. One of the biggest influences in my life, his memory is with me every day. He was a wonderful, simple man who never took anything, except being a virtuous man, seriously. His wit and dry humor sustained an entire family for decades and I would like to pay homage to him. Today’s quote is not unique to him but he was the first person I ever heard say it:
“I’ve seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s a train.”
This quote is significant to me because it, of course, reminds me of him. A man like no other from a generation that can never be duplicated. Everything to him was ripe for satire and the goal was a laugh. Today I am still at a low point but thinking of him and his corny jokes sustains me.
Here are 3 bloggers I would like to ask for a great nugget of food for thought
1) Morpetheroad by Michael. This is a great blog and Michael is a real nice guy as well as supportive and encouraging to other bloggers. His blog features a variety of content from original works to writing challenges to poetry. He is not afraid of taking risks and it shows. A sample. Give us a gem Michael, it’s not an award after all.
2) Gail, author of Moonlight Reflections. This is a great blog, full of varied content but brimming with positivity and old-fashioned values. Anything from food suggestions to candid posts about parenthood, sample here, it’s always a good read. Give us a gem, Gail.
3) TonysBologna. Here is a guy who tells it like it is. I really can’t say higher praise than he is just funny as hell and a lot of what he writes resonates immediately with me. I started following when I read this post. C’mon Tony give us one some of your faves.
Well, that completes this challenge. Check out these blogs, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Ciao for now…