To the Celebrity I admire:
Webster’s lesser definition of the word celebrity defines it as “the state of being well-known.” One can be well-known for a lot of reasons, there is Charles Manson as well as Casey Anthony celebrity. But being known is what really matters, and all of the power that comes with it.
What power you ask? A celebrity like Lamar Odom can get a kidney transplant immediately after destroying his body with drugs and prostitutes. But he’s well known so let’s bump his transplant up over Joe the electrician who has been waiting for a new lease on life for 6 years. Fuck him, he’s not famous.
You’re not like that. You’re one of the good ones.
- You wait your turn in line, you don’t cut in front of others because your time is more important than everyone else’s.
- You don’t yell at Cops and Firefighters and Maitre D’s etc. “do you know who I am!” when you can’t park in a fire lane or your table isn’t ready.
- You don’t spout your politics because you know that Hollywood is a bubble and has no clue what the people who pay exorbitant prices for their products do to earn that money. You know what the average guy stands for and wouldn’t insult your audience.
- You don’t lecture us on our “carbon footprint” from your private jet. You recognize the hypocrisy in that.
- You have a gate around your property so you know better than to talk about open borders.
- You walk the streets among us because you are one of us. You don’t need a security detail.
- You would gladly walk away from fame because it’s not that important to you, being a good person is.
- You know that just because you sing, dance, act, rap, paint, shop, act like a desperate housewive or try to win at Big Brother…it doesn’t make you an expert on everything.
- You manage to stay grounded even though everyone knows your name.
I would write that name on this letter but to my knowledge, I have no idea who you are. You don’t exist.
I fucking hate celebrities. I can safely say this without repercussion because hey, I’m not famous.
With distaste and disdain,
The Regular Schmuck